Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baked Potato and substitute toppings

    So my husband comes home with a big bottle of white wine. I had no idea what to have for dinner. I cleaned all day, took my dog on an hour long walk, worked out on the ball and lifted a few weights.. etc.  I try to lose weight all the time.. I am just really bad at it.  I am doing great and then my husband or his dad wants fast food or.. my favorite, Chinese, or my other favorite Mexican!  Food is just too good. So, yet again, I am trying to lose weight. I am not too bad.. but I am not happy with how I look. I am going to NY in a month and I figured that is a good starting goal.. it's only 1 month I mean come on! lol.
    All that to say that we ended up eating potatoes and veggies. I had some frozen cauliflower, broccoli, and green beans in the freezer, so I threw it into a pot and cooked them up.  I love baked potatoes!
     Maybe everyone already knows about this, but I just figured it out and I am super excited...
    So normal toppings... cheese, salt and pepper, tony's seasoning, chives and sour cream....
    That isn't very healthy... sooooo
    In place of sour cream I used Greek yogurt!  It was absolutely amazing!
    In place of cheese I used nutritional yeast... also amazing.  I have been reading so much about it lately, I just had to try it. Now, I put it on everything lol  It really does taste like cheese too!
     I still put tony's seasoning on.. it's a keeper what can I say!
     Yay for new things! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash