Friday, February 17, 2012

How It All Began...

      I don't remember the exact age I became a vegetarian, but I know I was very young.  I used to love meat. I feel like I remember the way bacon and meatloaf tastes, although my husband doesn't think so.  One day my dad was cooking chicken at my grandparents house, when I walked in and looked at what he was doing. I asked, "Daddy, what is chicken made out of?"  Of course, not thinking it would have any repercussions, he told me "a chicken."  From that day forward I became a non meat-eating girl.  
      The excitement didn't end there.  Fast forward a few years.  My little sister, age 5, and I were sitting at our table with McDonald's.  She had her cheeseburger and I had a bun with ketchup and melted cheese on it. I don't know what came over me, but I said "So, do you know what hamburger is made out of?" "What?" said my sister.  I replied, "a cow!" That was it, my sister has not had one bite of meat since.   My parents had such a hard time cooking meals for us.  ( Oops! Sorry mom and dad )
      I am starting this blog for all the struggling mothers and fathers of picky vegetarians.  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash